Can't Herb the Enthusiasm

  • With a given set of recipes varying in length, the goal of this project was to create a set of cards that worked together using the same system and layout. My goal for the set was to provide a fun set of recipe cards that were easy to read and follow. Thus, I emphasized important information and organized it simply. I also printed everything on a semi glossy paper to ensure a wipeable surface for messy casual chefs cooking at home.
  • Because the set of recipe cards are all herb based, I took the top four herbs (basil, mint, rosemary, and thyme) to create a repeating pattern for the backs of the cards. Each image's background color corresponds with the color on the front of the recipe highlighting the ingredients section.
  • At the very end of the project, we were able to prototype and print out our set of cards and create a package for them. I decided to go with a sliding cover that held the tray of cards for easy access and storage.